Make the best Southwest Chicken Tostadas. Live Lean Today offers healthy recipe. Eating right can taste great.
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 17 minutes
Southwest Chicken Tostadas Ingredients:
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 (1.25-ounce) package 30%-less-sodium taco seasoning (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups cooked chicken breast strips
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 cup pre-shredded lettuce
- 1 cup refrigerated salsa
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tortillas on both sides with cooking spray, then place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes or until crispy; set aside. Combine black beans, taco seasoning, and water in a medium saucepan, and mash with a potato masher. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until heated through, stir often.
Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and Mexican seasoning. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Spread black bean mixture over tortillas. Top each with 1/3 cup chicken, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup salsa, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
4 servings (serving size: 1 tostada).
2 Lean Meat