Active Standing Psoas Stretch
Active Standing Psoas Stretch Purpose
This stretch promotes optimal posture and pelvis placement by stretching the front of the hip.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width part.
- Step forward with your right leg. Bend the knee of your right leg while keeping your left leg straight. Your left toes should be pointing slightly inwards.
- Draw your abdominals inward and tighten
- Tighten your buttocks while pushing your hips forward until a mild tension is felt in the front of your left hip.
- Raise your left arm straight up in the air and over to the opposite side while maintaining the position of your pelvis.
- From this slight side bend position, begin to extend your left arm behind you to increase the stretch.
- Controllably move your arm in and out of this position to actively stretch the front of your hip.
- Switch sides and repeat
Where you should feel it
This exercise will stretch the front hip area of the straight leg.