The box jump is considered a plyometric exercise, or explosive exercise and provides many benefits to athletes and general fitness enthusiasts, so for those of you out there who would generally disregard this exercise because you want weight loss and not performance, this exercise will help you too.
· Learn how to land. Concentrate on soft landings and you should hear one tap from both feet, so they land at the exact same time.
· Land on your toes for a soft landing and not the heels.
· Draw in your naval toward your spine and keep the abs tight during the explosive phase of the exercise.
- Increased jumping ability for sports, jump higher or further.
- Increased explosiveness for sports such as swinging a baseball bat, firing off a defensive line, or win the battle for a rebound in basketball.
- Change of pace for workouts to increase strength and muscle tone.
- Burns a lot of calories for weight loss.
Box jumps can be performed on plyo boxes at levels from 6 inches and up. If boxes are unavailable, use a staircase at home or a bench at the gym or at the playground as a part of your indoor or outdoor workout. Liveleantoday.com provides complete video and audio instruction for every exercise and the online personal trainers will teach you how to incorporate box jumps into your online workout routine.