The 2 legged floor bridge is an excellent beginner exercise for strengthening the muscles of the core including the hips and buttocks. Some points to consider when performing this exercise are…
• Maintain tight abs throughout the exercise by drawing in your naval toward your spine.
• Exhale as you rise to the top of the bridge position.
• Squeeze the buttocks muscles at the top of the movement.
How to Progress
• Lift 1 leg in the air straight out in front of you and perform the single leg version.
• Place hands out to the side to increase stability, move them closer to your body for less.
• Plant your feet on an unstable surface to improve hip stability. Examples would be an exercise ball, Exerdisc or Airex pad.
Liveleantoday.com provides complete video and audio description for every exercise and the online personal trainers will teach you how to incorporate them into your online workout.