There a certain key aspects you have to consider when starting a running exercise program. Listed below are the 5 keys that LIVE believes will keep you running healthy, fast, and burning more fat. Start running today and enjoy one of the best aerobic exercises that will help keep you fit for life.
1. Buy Good Shoes: buying the right shoes for you feet is crucial to running injury free. The #1 cause of injuries in running in improper shoes. Expensive shoes aren’t as important as shoes designed for your arches of your feet. Go to a specialty shoe store that tests your gate or read our article on how to get the right shoes.
2. Build a Base: injuries come when people run too many miles to fast. Start with short workouts and work your way up. You should not exceed a half an hour run for you first month. If you are unable to last a half an hour don’t worry that is normal and keeping building a base until you can. You should not run longer until you can run 30 min. three times a week with no soreness.
3. Heart Rate Monitor: the key to successful running is training with a heart rate monitor (HRM). A hrm will keep your heart rate in the right zone for your workout and can more effectively train your body to burn fat.
4. Consistent Time: finding a consistent time to run each week will add to your accountability. Missing runs, especially when building a base in the beginning, can keep you building a base forever. It doesn’t matter what time you pick, your body will adapt to what time you run.
5. Enjoy it: running can be exceptionally rewarding. Pick routes that are scenic or run different routes to keep it fresh. One of the best feelings in the world is just after you finish a run!