It feels good to get rewards, and lets face it you desire it. Rewarding yourself can be an instrumental way to achieve being fit for life. Positive reinforcement is always a great way to create the habits that will give you the body, energy, and performance you want.
Life is full of moments. You can find it far more rewarding to celebrate yourself daily, weekly, or monthly than waiting for some big occasion down the road. For some of you this could be hard. Take a second and remember the last time you gave a pat on the back to yourself for anything. For some of you taking the time to read this article or sign up for LIVE is a big deal. If you have been putting off getting into shape, congratulations for taking this first step and at LIVE we looking forward to taking more with you.
Come up with goals that are unique to you and don’t be afraid to have fun with them. You want to make them realistic and start with only a few. You don’t have to be superman or superwoman to get results. Below we have listed some examples of possible goals.
- I complete each workout for a month.
- I can do 10 min. more of cardiovascular exercise.
- I complete my first 5K (3.1 mile run/ walk race).
Now it is time to reward yourself and it doesn’t have to break the bank. Don’t be afraid to ask your spouse for his/ her support.
For under $5, You deserve it
- Take a half hour to relax outside maybe get a little sun.
- Enjoy a bubble bath and maybe add candlelight to set the mood.
- Relax in your favorite space and pick up that book you have left to long.
- Give yourself a toast at dinner and enjoy a glass of your favorite drink (wine, lite beer, and distilled spirits only 1 fat exchange).
For under $10, You deserve it
- Open your own piggy bank and every win add $10. In no time you will have built a cool treat for yourself.
- Buy a gift and have it delivered to you like flowers, candy, or your favorite beverage.
- Get your nails done. This is even good for guys to do especially if you have never done it before.
- Buy a cd and every time you listen to it you will be reminded of your accomplishments.
- Have dessert. There is room for desert in LIVE’s Nutrition Plan. Great desserts in LIVE’s Recipes.
For $20 to $45, You deserve it
- Pay your neighbor’s kid to do a chore for you maybe grocery shopping, mow the lawn, or do the laundry.
- Buy yourself that item I know you have been looking at for awhile.
- Call friends and family you haven’t talked to in long time. Don’t worry about the bill you have earned it.
- Enjoy a new haircut or a half hour massage.
For over $50, You deserve it
- Go shopping for new shoes, outfit, or that new suit that is you.
- Splurge on a bottle of expensive champagne.
- Rent a boat and enjoy the sun and maybe even the new you in your swimsuit.
- Enjoy a show maybe a ballet, concert, or a ball game.
- Hire a personal chef for a week and enjoy the meals.