Glutamine is one of the most versatile supplements availableon the market today. It is widely debated supplementation in the bodybuilding arena. Let me get you through the details of glutamine supplementation and how it can help you to build muscle.
What Is Glutamine?
Glutamine or L-Glutamine is the most common amino acid found in your muscles. Glutamine consists of 19% nitrogen, making it the primary transporter of nitrogen into your muscle cells.It’s actually known as a conditionally essential amino acid because your body uses it in large amounts.
During anintense workout, Glutamine levels are greatly depleted in your body, which decreases strength, stamina, and muscle recovery.It could take up to 6 days for Glutamine levels to return to normal. Our body uses Glutamine to produce amino sugars and to support the production of the super-antioxidant glutathione.
The body also uses glutamine to
- Increase water retention in muscle cells
- Helpsto improve cell growth
- Support production of protein and glycogen in the body
Glutamine is one of the most important elements of theprotein, it is very effective in building muscle.It is also a primary energy source for your immune system.
Here’s a list of glutamine benefits:
- Glutamine improves muscle gain process and decreases muscle wasting. The combination of glutamine with casein or whey promotes protein synthesis by 8.3% compared to protein alone.
- It reduces time to full muscle recovery process.
- Improves gastrointestinal health and also improves intestinal function. It also reduces susceptibility to infection during the post-training period.
- Is an essential neurotransmitter in the brain and helps with memory retaining, focus and concentration
- Control diabetes and blood sugar level
- Improves metabolism and cell detoxification
- Helps heal stomach ulcers, benefit overall gut health, help treat diarrhea and reduce the risk of cancer.
- Enhances cardiac hormone levels, control the heart function and blood pressure level
- Provide better immune system. For bodybuilders and athletes, this is important since intense workout tends to deplete Glutamine levels.
The various other benefits of glutamine include facilitation of nitrogen metabolism; thebalance of acid-base levels in the kidney, and reduce muscle tissue breakdown.
The Role OfGlutamine In Bodybuilding
After an intense workout, your body weakens and your muscles require more glutamine than the amount supplied by a normal diet. Supplementing with glutamine allows your muscles to fight and push a bit further, which boosts your strength and helps repair your skeletal muscles.
Additionally, studies have proven that, after a hard workout, muscles are broken down. To reverse this effect, nutrients must be fed to the muscles and protein synthesis must be stimulated to build new muscle. If we supplement our body with glutamine before an intense training,we allow our body to keep a supply of glutamine in the muscles and stop them from breaking down. This means,glutamine supplementation makes it possible to offer quick recoveryfrom intense weight lifting sessions.
Replenishing glutamine levels after an intense workout could take up to five days, so it is important to take glutamine supplementation on a regular basis, if you are doing intense exercise.
How Much Dose Should You Supplement With?
Typically, the best dosage is between 10 to 15 grams of Glutamine a day – supplementing it 2 to 3 times, with each serving at around 4-5 grams. Best times to take Glutamine supplement is in the morning, after a workout, and at night before bedtime.
Types OfGlutamine Supplements
There are two types of Glutamine supplements available. You can get regular L-glutamine in what’s called its free form and it should be taken with meal ideally for proper absorption by the body. The other type of glutamine is called Trans-Alanyl or Alanyl-L-Glutamine(glutamine peptide) — it’s an amino acid bonded to another amino acid.
Glutamine is a non-essential amino acid in the body and performs an endless number of valuable functions both related to muscle growth and overall health.Take Glutamine supplements as a part of your workout stack to minimize the detriment of glutamine loss. For more information on glutamine supplement, you can visit our online store, http://www.shop.liveleantoday.com/, as it is the most trusted online store to buy body building and weight loss supplements.